Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Sex & The Male Mind

Well, today marked a milestone for me in my war against my waist. This morning I went ahead and bought smaller underwear for the first time since, er, ever. After visiting with Dr. John yesterday and hearing that my BP and my weight both dropped nicely (222 lbs!!!! 27 lbs I’ve dropped so far!) I felt that mini-congrats were in order so I celebrated by getting new underwear. Yay.

Today is also the first day I’ve felt my new tattoos were healed enough for comfortably resuming my workout schedule. Working out, for me, is becoming something akin to having sex. While I’m sure this isn’t in any way a new concept, the similarities only recently became apparent to me. You got your nearly naked sweating bodies grunting and exerting, first only minimally but building gradually to a strenuous ending. You got your little victories at the end of a particularly satisfying encounter. You also get that great endorphin-induced euphoria at the end and, if you are with someone you care about, you get to share in their little victories as well. While you can certainly go it alone (or, as my junior-high buddies called it, “rollin’ solo”) it’s just not the same as when you have a partner. =)
Also, I find that if I am interrupted or disturbed in any way, I get that sense of longing and restlessness that can only be cured by working out in another way (see above), getting into a fight or by hitting myself in the head with a hammer until the feeling passes. A cold shower will also work in a pinch.

Oh, and last Saturday the missus and I went to see "Snakes on a Plane", and it was great! It was everything I expected it to be and a bit more, which is always nice. Anyways, iffn’ you are looking for some good, mindless summer fun, SoaP has it all. Ridiculously implausible plot? Check. Sam Jackson yelling the f-word? Check. Snakes going apeshit on a plane? Check. Boobies? Check. (2 big fake ‘checks’ there)

1 comment:

Shel said...

Where's the pictures???? Of the tattoo, not the underwear. lol Unless of course you got a thong, that would definitely be a sight to see. I dunno, I figured with all that working out maybe you wanted something just to emphasize the tight little package. heh heh

Seriously, congrats on loosing the weight!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online