Tuesday, April 15, 2008

And So It Is… One Mo’ Time…


What's one my mind? Hmm.

Regular (lol) readers of this blog may notice a trend here. If you, my hypothetical friend, guessed “Yoshi gets drunk and blogs about once a frickin’ year”, then you’re not too far off the mark. Its not that I haven’t anything to write about, on the contrary, my year has been interesting, at least in the Chinese proverbial sense.

What’s been happening lately? Well, some good stuff, some bad, you get the idea, ja? Lets see…

A while back my evil twin and I found out that we would be going to the same place for 10 weeks after we finished here. Shortly after receiving the news a plan (of sorts) was hatched: we should travel together, save a bunch of money by sharing expenses, visit with some dear friends along the way and possibly hit Atlantic City and witness a mob slaying. Good times, ja?

Well, the first snag hit when his car, outta the blue starts overheating. Well, the author of this page is a fairly handy guy, so we took his car apart and after much knuckle-bruising and forearm-burning, we fixed it. Not one week later, my darling wife calls to tell me that our old Nissan is broken down because it was overheating.

Now, to the casual observer it would appear that these two instances are unrelated. However, readers may remember that I am locked into an epic battle with the Cosmos. (If you are not familiar with my plight just know that there is history between the Cosmos and I, oh yes. There was some name calling involved, some general asshattery from all parties but for the most part it seemed as though there was an uneasy truce between the Cosmos and I. In fact, last year was one of my favorite years yet.) From my slightly skewed perspective it would seem that the Cosmos had broken our truce and in it’s Seinfeld-type sense of humor decided it would poke me. As though there were a finite amount of overheating ju-ju rolling around the universe and it placed me in a situation where I would happily help out my friends, unknowing that the Cosmos was just around the corner, sniggering into its hand.

I see, Cosmos… well played.

Cosmos 1
Me 0

As some of you may know, for reasons both subtle and obvious I recently took up smoking again.
*a patient pause here to allow the booing and the hissing to die down.

Well, worry not friends; I have once again given it up… again. Yes, just like that. No, its not easy (at all) I’ve just done it so many times I’ve gotten really good at it. Last time it sucked quite a bit but I was in a state of flux coming here to this new school and I had peeps I could bother both day and night whenever I needed the distraction. This time not so much. Last time the stars seemed to align wonderfully and somehow I was able to pick up a replacement habit easily. This time, I’ve got practical exams, presentations, birthdays, regular exams, roommates and regular army BS to deal with. Oh, and did I mention that there are reasons that are both subtle and obvious? I did? ‘k.

Anyhoo, iff’n you get a moment, send a little good ju-ju my way as it seems we once more find ourselves pitted against our age-old rival, the American Navy… er, I mean the Cosmos. Sorry, I was channeling Sean Connery there for a moment. Anyways, where was I? Ah, yes.
“Once more, down to the beach, my dear friends…” lol, wish me luck.

1 comment:

Travis said...

It's great to finally hear from you if only cryptically. Blog more damn you. We miss you and send you good wishes all the time. Although, they don't seem to have the strength they once did it seems.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online