Thursday, November 30, 2006

Me versus The Cosmos (pt. 2)

I believe the universe is about balance, but I also believe that it’s an awful big place full of dark wonders and incredible oddities. It is also my firm belief that not all of it is comprehensible, nor indeed, is the information even applicable in a human sense. That being said (and my rationality firmly established) I also believe the universe has a sense of humor.

Dan Quayle.
Fabio getting hit in the face by a bird while riding a roller coaster.
Sex-scandals of the rich and pious.
And this:

I have recently realized that if I don’t have a bottle of water on hand at all times, I will simply not drink water leading, inevitably, to dehydration, headaches and the heartbreak of chapped lips.

Now that I have a new bottle I guard it jealously, refilling it as needed and never letting it get too far from me.

Earlier, I was feeling a bit snarky towards the universe (we have a history, the Cosmos and I) when, as chance would have it, I dropped the cap to my water bottle. Normally, this wouldn’t mean a big deal as I could simply bend over and pick it up, ja? Well, I happened to be standing five feet away from the only open-air return for our HVAC system and, as luck would have it, the cap fell, bounced once and fell directly into its dusty abyss. This is literally the only place in the whole of the habitable areas of my house where if something falls into it, it is lost forever. What are the chances, right?

I see how it is… well met, Cosmos… touché, even.



Me – 1
Cosmos – 1

1 comment:

Travis said...

Your family gets very attached to their drinking vessels. You are a case study waiting to happen. :P

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online